Subscribe: RSS
  • Hello, I'm trying to evaluate the Reliance Edge file system to find out if it's suitable for our embedded application. I'm using an Infineon 32bit ARM micro and I have a 1Gbit SPI NAND flash memory. This memory has 1024 blocks. Each block has 64 pages. Each page has 2048 Bytes. Write or read is page wide. Erase is block wide. My first problem is to configure this volume correctly (block size, sector size, volume size). The other question is how the file system erases the blocks.I can't find a function for erasing, which I could port to my system. Sorry for the beginner questions, but any help is appreciated. Michael
    • Hello Michael, Apologies for the late reply; our forum notification was not set properly. Accessing raw NAND flash (parallel or serial) requires a NAND media driver. That should provide a standard block device interface which any file system can use to perform all the expected operations. This driver will handle partial writes and overwrites (both taboo on NAND) through a combination of cache/buffers and wear leveling/block remapping. Hopefully in the last few weeks you've found a solution along these lines. If you are still looking for this, though, please contact our sales team - we probably have suggestion for you. Cheers, --Thom
      • My first problem is to configure this volume correctly (block size, sector size, volume size). That should provide a standard block device interface which any file system can use to perform all the expected operations. Choi Minzi [ed. note: jamie.ferrier@datalight.com last edited this post 1 year ago.]
        • Choi - You asked the following: "My first problem is to configure this volume correctly (block size, sector size, volume size). That should provide a standard block device interface which any file system can use to perform all the expected operations." Please take a look at Chapter 10 in the Reliance Edge documentation. This chapter discusses Product Configuration options, including block sizes, sectors, and volumes. [ed. note: tony.questad@datalight.com last edited this post 3 months, 1 week ago.]