Main Line: +1 425-951-8086
Sales Office: 800-221-6630 (US toll free)
Fax: +1 425-951-8094
Inside Sales Associate | Datalight
Datalight is the creator of the Reliance family of transactional file systems and the FlashFX family of driver technology for using flash memory. The Reliance file systems ensure data access is reliable and fast. Our FlashFX products allow embedded system developers to easily incorporate NAND and NOR flash memory, the fastest growing non-volatile storage medium, into their systems. Together, these technologies provide the critical software foundation that will capture, protect & extend the lifeblood of the embedded device future. It’s all about the data – where we want it, when we want it, and always reliable.
Our customers build products as diverse as video recorders on the International Space Station, cataract surgery robots, radios used by firefighters, and motors that control roller coasters. They use our software to make the data on these things work flawlessly, all the time. How they work with us (and buy from us) is just as diverse. Are you the one to find prospects and help turn them into customers?
We’re looking for someone to join our sales team. Job #1 will be following up on leads, learning about their project needs, and developing their interest in our products. Supporting our Account Managers in follow up tasks throughout the sales cycle, including drafting proposals and completing contract templates under their direction, will also be on your mission. Your role in the team may change over time as you demonstrate your abilities in consultative selling and understanding our products.
Salesforce.com is the heart of our customer information system, so you’ll need to know it well or have the aptitude and computer experience to learn it rapidly in the first two weeks.
You can add value to the team by quickly getting up to speed on our technology and finding creative ways to apply it to customer problems you encounter in your outreach efforts. Figuring out what customers need and communicating that to our Account Managers who will close the deal is how we all win.
Many of our customers work on secret projects and we are honored to work closely with many household names. Keeping confidential information confidential is a requirement.
Our company core values of integrity, honesty, respect and quality are more than just words on the wall. Each action we take every day is rooted in this foundation. Most of our employees have been here for many years. We’re looking for a new team member with a similar sense of commitment. At Datalight, you will find people that value family and truly care about each other.
- Have worked in team selling environment at least 2 years, that sells technology products and/or services
- Strong aptitude (preferably direct experience) in embedded technology
- Genuinely curious about people and technology
- Can quickly find common ground and establish rapport with new people
- Persistent and creative in accomplishing a goal
- Organized in work habits and consistent in communication
- Can turn “no” into “maybe” and “maybe” into “yes” while building trusting relationships
- Interested in learning new things, meeting new people (via phone, email and social media), and learning about their project needs
- Unafraid to make mistakes and comfortable admitting to them if they happen
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to build task lists from broadly defined goals
- Diplomatic, yet direct in communicating
- Familiar with business etiquette and international customs
- Adept at using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and web tools (Google, Linked In, Facebook, Dropbox, etc)
- Proficient in working with Salesforce.com, or other web-based customer relationship management system
- Fluent in spoken and written English, including grasp of embedded computing-related terminology
Established in 1983, Datalight develops, markets, sells, and supports software to make data in embedded devices reliable. Our products are used worldwide and have shipped in over 400 million units. More information on our website at datalight.com
We are a small company, so every person has the opportunity to make a difference in the business. Our competitive wage and benefits package includes paid time off (sick, vacation, holidays), medical/dental/vision coverage, and a 401(k) type plan.
This position is an employee, salaried role in our Bothell, WA headquarters.
Please apply HERE.
Or submit a resume, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list which job you are applying for in the Subject of your e-mail.